Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Casual Saturday Night Dinner

Saturday night dinners at our house are casual and usually prepared while sipping wine and listening to music.  There is rarely a time in our house when music is not playing and if there is my husband is extremely fidgety!  Tonight we chose to listen to Bob Dylan, Self Portrait while I prepared a simple meal of Italian sausage with peppers and onions and homemade oven baked fries.  Our wine was an Argentinian wine, Ruca Malen Malbec Reserve 2011.  My husband works in the wine business so there is always great wine to pair with our meals.  We are very fortunate to have this luxury :)





I like to cook my sausages in a dutch oven on the stove top with a bit of water and a lid to steam them.  Once they are close to being done I add olive oil, sliced bell peppers, onions, salt and pepper and saute with the sausages until veggies are tender but still have a bit of a bite.  For the fries I slice up russet potatoes into strips and add to a large bowl and coat them in good extra virgin olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.  I pour them on a sheet pan and bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. flipping the potatoes halfway through until golden brown and crisp.  






This is definitely a go-to meal and one of our very favorites on the weekends.  I hope that you all are enjoying your weekend!  It is snowing quite a bit here in Maryland and we are taking advantage of being stuck at home by cooking good food, drinking good wine and having good conversations together.  Happy Weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment