Thursday, February 26, 2015

Vintage Snapshots of Home

In this post I am going to share some of my favorite spots in my house as well as some of my very favorite and treasured things!  Having a home that is cozy and filled with a mix of things old and new, sentimental and fun is how I would describe my style.  I am a lover of white, cream, antique white.....well, you get the drift.  I am also a lover of bright rainbow colors that I have fun with in my office.  Here is a glimpse into some fun spaces and thing in my home!  Enjoy! 





This is my most favorite piece in my office.  It's a simple cube shelf filled with all of my office supplies.  I love color but not necessarily in my main living spaces so I had a lot of fun bringing bright colors of the rainbow into my office.  I store my file binders, craft supplies, greeting cards, cookbooks etc in this shelf.




This is the entrance to my home, the first thing people see when they walk in.  I love this little nook and have filled it with some of my favorite things!  The buffet was purchased at a yard sale for .....get this.....$30!  It is one of my favorite pieces that I own.  Decorating your home DOES NOT have to be expensive.  If you are a thrifter like me you can find amazing pieces at very little cost.  On the buffet I keep a tray of my vintage hobnail and milk glass.   All of the framed photos both on the buffet and on the wall are photos that my brother, who is a photographer,  has taken over the years while he was living at the beach.  This is probably my most favorite nook in our house.




This drop-leaf table was my mother's and I absolutely love the vintage feel it gives my living room.  One of my most cherished pieces!




My dining room is the heart of the house and right off of the kitchen.  It is small and simple but cozy!  I purchased the white farmhouse style table at ....you guessed it!....a yard sale!  It was $40 and I love it!  The chairs are from Target and they were reasonably priced and very heavy and sturdy.




I had to take a pic of this little doorknob ......I purchased it at Pier 1 years ago.  The homemade quilted ornament hanging from it stays up all year round as it was handmade by my mother-in-law and I just love it.  It is just too pretty to only bring out at Christmastime!    She is a very talented quilter and all of her pieces are amazing!




I love all things vintage and I think this little number piece is so cute!  Purchased at Marshall's and I am pretty sure it was under $10.




One of my most cherished pieces of milk glass.  This was my grandmother's and she actually used it as a pot for live plants!  I wanted to continue that tradition but couldn't bring myself to put dirt in it so an artificial little plant found a home there!




How cute is this??!  This vintage photograph is a picture of my mother.  It is the most adorable picture I have ever seen and the frame makes it even better!




One of my brother's photos that is hanging above our buffet.  This is my favorite of all of them!





Last but not least, this vintage picture of a precious baby hung in my father's nursery when he was a baby.  It also hung in my son's nursery and now it lives in our guestroom.  Look at that ornate vintage frame!  LOVE!

I hope that you enjoyed my little gallery and got to see a glimpse into my house and my style!

Happy Decorating!!

Sara

















No comments:

Post a Comment