Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bathroom Drawer Mini-Organization Project

I woke up this morning and felt like organizing but didn't have a bunch of time to tackle a large project so I decided to do a mini challenge and work on 2 drawers in my bathroom.  I am super excited to share this project because the entire project only cost me $10!! 

 So the  first thing I did was to take all of the item out of the drawers and sort them.  I threw away things that I did not use anymore which wasn't much because I am pretty good about only keeping what I need and use.  Here are the 2 drawers before.  The top drawer stores my make-up and the second drawer stores our oral care.  






The next step was cleaning the drawers.  I used my Method all-purpose cleaner and a dry cloth.  I realized that some of the make-up wasn't coming off so I decided that I better line the drawers with contact paper.




Here are the products that I purchased for this organizing challenge.  The two trays I purchased on clearance at Marshall's for $4.50 a piece and I found this adorable contact paper for $1 a roll at Big Lots!  I was so excited because both of these products are gray and white!!  The trays are very durable and when they get dirty I can just throw them in the dishwasher to be cleaned.




Here are the trays after filling them with all the make-up and oral care supplies.  I used my Brother P-touch label maker to make labels with our names so that we are sure to use the right section.  I spaced the sections leaving a spot in between for hygienic reasons (no one wants their toothbrush touching anyone else's!!).





After I organized the trays I lined both drawers with the cute contact paper.  This step took me less then 10 minutes.  Both of the drawers turned out great and they look fresh and clean!





The trays fit perfectly inside each drawer with a bit of room in the front and back if needed for extra storage.  I keep my make-up bag in the back of the first drawer during the weekends for easy access.





And there you have it!!!!  A quick and affordable mini organizational challenge completed.  From start to finish this project took me about 30 minutes and again, the cost was $10!!!  I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope that it motivates you to do a mini organizational challenge of your own this weekend!!

Happy Organizing!!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment